Thursday, September 23, 2010

Time to Decorate

Although it's still in the triple digits here in Arizona, I think it's time to start pulling out the fall/halloween decorations. We can at least dream of fall and the colors changing.  Here's a favorite Halloween project. The only cost is perhaps the canvas, everything else comes from what we all have, our scrapbook stash.  I started with a 16x20 canvas from Michaels. Primed it with Gesso, as this helps the scrapbook paper ahere better. I also painted the canvas orange for all the exposed areas. I  cut 2x2 and 2x4 pieces of my scrap papers, added some halloween embelishments and fun ribbons.  The best part is I've taken halloween pictures of the grandkid over the years and resized so they are small enough to randomly add to the canvas. They enjoy looking back at all their many costumes.  I may need to make a bigger canvas.



So easy and so much fun knowing your using up product you already have tucked away in those drawers.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great holiday idea. Terrific paper!
    Thanks for stopping by WhipperBerry today and sharing your comments. As far as the economy goes, it's a difficult time for everyone, but we're making it work.

    ReplyDelete