Saturday, October 17, 2009

Haunted Halloween Book @ Scrapbook Barn

Jill and I took our first class at Scrapbook barn in gilbert.  The instructor was Dana Edwards, it was the first time we had also been to one of her classes.  The class was a hauted halloween book. When I saw it displayed last week at Scrapbook barn I knew it would be a great class to take as it has a lot on techniques that I've wanted to learn. My dauther-inlaw Jill took the class with me.  It always makes the class more enjoyable when you go with someone you know, plus Jill is a pro and helped me keep up.


It is decorated with spooky, haunted embellishments.  We used the new My Minds Eye Spider's Web paper.  The paper was doubled sided and  we decorated  it using embellishments that represent halloween.  A couple cool techniques included spray dyes on canvas, using masks and stitching beads on canvas, plus an awesome piano hinge binding with skewers, topped off with glow in the dark glitter! It was a 4 hour class, however Jill and I were the first to finish in 4 hours and fourty five minutes......It was a fun class and learned some new things which always makes us happy in the world of scrapbooking. Thanks Dana, loved your class!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of your new albums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a fun class! i can't wait to put this years photos in it
    jill b

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive